How do I view usage by subject?
Teachers and School Admins can use the "Usage Report by Subject" to easily view which subjects are being used the most or the least in the school. They can also see detailed usage information regarding what types of activities the students have been working on in Progress Learning and the time spent on these activities. To see this report follow these steps:
- From the home screen of your teacher dashboard, click on the "Reports" icon in the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the arrow next to the “All Reports” drop-down menu and select “School Reports”. You can also scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on "View Reports" under "Usage Report by Subject".
- To see the report for all subjects in your school, make no filtering selections and leave the words "All Subjects" in the drop-down menu, select "current year", and click "Run Report".
Note:: The new Progress Learning platform launched for the 2022-2023 school year in August of 2022. There is currently no previous year's data available because this is the first school year of the launch. This data will start to become available at the beginning of the 2023-2024 school year.
- To filter the report to only see certain subjects, use the "All Subjects" drop-down menu to select the subjects that you'd like to see in the report. You can also type inside the box to narrow the subject search. Then, click "Run Report".
- The report will show the total number of activities completed for each subject. You can also see the total number of assignments, assessments, and study plan activities completed along with a bar graph. The list will appear in descending order from the most used subjects to the least used subjects.
To boost engagement with any subjects that might be underutilized, make sure all teachers know that this resource is available to them and have them attend a "Getting Started" training. Visit our Live Training Calendar to register for free training.
- Report Options: You can also choose to see the same report based on the total time spent on activities or by the total number of questions answered. You also have the option to export the data to excel or print the report.
- Here is a sample of a report that has been exported to excel:
- Here is a sample of a printed report: