How to Give an Assignment with Google Classroom
1. From the home page, select Assessment/Assignment Center from the left side menu.
2. Select Assignment Builder.
3. Type in the Assignment Name and use the drop-down menu to select the Subject. Use the Activities menu to assign your Assessments, Progress Learning generated tests, Practice Questions, Video Lessons, and/or Constructed Response Questions. Click Save and Continue. If you would like more information about how to create an assignment please visit this article; How to Create an Assignment.
4. Select the students who will receive this assignment. Click the box next to the class name to choose all students from that class. Click on the plus sign instead to view a list of students and select certain students from the class list. Teachers can verify that students have completed the steps to connect with Google Classroom here. Students that have not connected with Google Classroom will not have the Google Classroom icon next to their name. Students must be connected with Google Classroom to receive their Progress Learning assignment in Google Classroom.
Click Save and Continue.
5. You may choose to write your students a note or even record a short video for your students. Students will receive the message before they begin the activity. Click Save and Continue.
6. Click Sync to Google Classroom. Don't forget to set your start date and due date. Click Save Assignment.
7. The student will navigate to the assignment in Google Classroom. Once they complete the assignment, they will need to click "Mark as Done" within Google Classroom.
8. Regardless if you log in using Clever/ClassLink/Manual log in, the teacher who assigned the assignment will need to log in using Google SSO to sync grades back to Progress Learning.