How do I add leading zeros in Excel?
- Open the student file that matches the Progress Learning bulk upload format. The file shown has 4 digit usernames.
- Select column I and format as Text.
- In the formula bar for cell J2, enter the formula
Note: Column J should be formatted as "General". Please ensure that there is a space after the , and before ".
- You will see a resulting number with two leading zeros.
- Drag the bottom right corner of cell J2 to apply the formula to the remaining cells.
- Select and copy the new values in column J.
- Click in Cell I2 and choose Paste Special - Values.
- Select the Caution icon and choose "Ignore Error".
- Delete the numerical values in columns J and A.
- Select the values in column I and choose "Cut".
- Paste the values from column A into Cells A2-A11.
- Select the Caution icon and Choose "Ignore Error". Save the file and upload it to the Progress Learning platform.