How do I create a BOY (Beginning-of-year) assessment?
In the Assessment Builder, use the "Question Quick Pick" feature to quickly create a summative assessment that can also be used as a diagnostic. The platform will automatically select questions to create an assessment that is similar to your state test.
- From the Teacher Dashboard, click on the "Assessment/Assignment Center" icon in the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click "Assessment Builder."
- In the "Content" tab, give your assessment a name and choose a subject.
- Click "Question Quick Pick," then choose the length of your Assessment. Then click the "Save and Preview" button.
- On the "Preview" tab, choose the Settings that you want to go along with Assessment. You may also Preview, Replace, or Reorder the questions chosen in the Quick Pick process.
- To reorder click and drag the dots to the left of the item stem.
- To preview or replace the entire item, click the "Preview or Replace" link.
- Next, you may four options:
- Replace Question- they system provides 5 alternative questions from the same Standard; you may choose one to replace your highlighted question.
- Previous Question- go back to the previous question in the generated Assessment.
- Remove Question- take the question out of the Assessment, reducing your question total by one.
- Next Question- go forward to the next question in the generated Assessment.
For states that have pre-built diagnostic pre-tests available, activate the pre-test for the students and use this as a beginning-of-year assessment.