How does a school admin complete the NWEA mapping process?
- The first step is to make sure that your District NWEA administrator adds Progress Learning as a data partner; click here to learn more. Then, a school admin will need to follow the steps below;
- Log in to your Progress Learning school administrator account.
- Navigate to the Liftoff Management page located in the School Center.
- Select the filters for the students that you would like to enable Liftoff for (the filters allow for multi-select), and then click on the blue filter button. If you enable Liftoff for a single student, you can select the three dots to the right of the toggle below the Liftoff column by hovering your cursor to the right of the toggle. After the three dots have been selected, you can select the option to "Apply setting to all."
- Now, all students in the filtered results have Liftoff enabled and are ready to be mapped and synced with their NWEA MAP scores!
- Click on "School Center" and select "NWEA Mapping."
- Select the filters you wish (the filters allow for multi-select), and then select the view button.
- Select the start mapping button. Once the page refreshes, all students have been mapped to NWEA successfully!
- To apply NWEA MAP diagnostic scores to the mapped students, you can check the box to the left of students' names and select the Sync Selected Students button. You can also select the Sync All Pages option and every page of filtered students that have diagnostic scores from the current school year will be synced. This means their rockets and diagnostics will adjust to match their NWEA diagnostic scores.
- The sync all pages function can take up to 5 minutes to complete. You can check the status to see when the process is completed by selecting the View Sync Status button.
An administrator must help with any unmapped students. Progress Learning does not have access to student information to know where to match results and students.
If students are in the Unmapped Student box located at the bottom of the page:
Step 1: Click "Map" next to the student name and a search box will pop up.
Step 2: Clear either the first or last name and click "Search."
*Leaving the more specific name usually works best to help narrow down the correct student.
Step 3: Then, click the "Map" button next to the correct student to link the MAP data.
Step 4: The student should now be moved into the Mapped Students box.