How do I create a class?
Follow the steps below to create your Progress Learning class(es)
- From the home page, click on the Create Class button
- Type in the Class Name. If the Class Name is imported from Classlink or Clever, type in a Class Display Name if preferred. Choose a Class Color. Set a Class Start Time and Class End Time. Select "Add Class".
- Click on "Add Students".
Use the Grade drop-down menu to filter the student list by grade level. Use the Name/Student id Search Bar to search for a specific student. Click on a letter of the alphabet to sort by the first letter of the last name. Check the box next to a student name to roster them into your class. Click "Add Students".
Click "OK" to confirm.
- This is an optional step. Click "Teacher" from the left-side menu. Click "Add Teacher" to share this class with another teacher who needs access to this class data.
Select the teacher(s) who need to be added to your class. They will automatically be set as secondary teachers.
Change the status of a teacher from primary to secondary using the Star Icon. Only one teacher has the yellow star which indicates the primary teacher.
- Click "Subjects" from the left-side menu. Click "Add Subject" to choose the subject areas that you teach for this class period.
Click on the box next to each subject area that you teach in this class period. You may check as many boxes as you need. Click "Add".
Please note: If you are a self-contained Elementary School, go ahead and add every subject to your class so as to get the most out of our program.
Click "OK" to confirm
- Click "Settings" from the left-side menu. Here, customize the student experience by providing accommodations and enabling pre-test diagnostics, post-test diagnostics, and skills practice. Use the toggle feature to switch each feature on or off for individual students. Use the three dots next to any toggle feature to apply that setting to the entire column of students, or to only those students who fall below that row.
Look for the green check mark in the top right-hand corner to confirm that your changes have been saved automatically.